Monday, 7 January 2013

2012 Hair Favourites

This year hasn't really been a great year for me hair wise. 

I started the year with very long, thick, healthy hair and ended it well, much the opposite!

After being ill and having my operation my hair changed ALOT.
It started to dramatically fall out and go much thinner which was a shock for me as I had always had such thick hair! However, there wasn't much I could do as it was due to stress on my mind and body from surgery. I did find some good products which helped though and here they are!




Samy Fat Hair '0' Calories Shampoo and Conditioner.
I went on a serious hunt for a good thickening shampoo and conditioner and I found it! Reasonably priced at £5.59 but now even cheaper in the sale in superdrug at £2.75! It is sulphate and paraben free so it's super hair friendly and after just a few washes I really noticed a difference in the condition of my hair. A brilliant product for me, can't rave enough about them! An added bonus is that they smell lovely and fresh too!




Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist.
I discovered this through Glossybox. I was already a fan of the brand before I received this as my hairdressers use their products, so I was excited to receive this. It's the perfect little pick me up for when your hair is feeling a bit dry and unloved! I often use it at the same time as dry shampoo. Dry shampoo does a great job of freshening up your hair but it can leave it brittle and that's where the Miracle Mist comes in handy!
Schwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protection.
Does exactly what it says. Protects my hair when curling, straightening or blow drying at the same time as smelling amazing! Big thumbs up!
V05 Smoothly does it, Frizz Free Creme.
Another product which I discovered after my operation when my hair was lifeless. I use this more to add shine to my hair and add a bit more moisture and it works great for that as well as keeping the frizz at bay! 
 


Denman Back Combing Brush.
This is amazing for adding volume to your hair by back combing! I only use it now and then as I don't want to damage my hair but it really is great. So great that several of my friends now own one because they loved it too! 
Pink Tangle Teezer.
My most loved hair brush. I very rarely stray from this. Does a great job of getting through tangles and also keeping static away! I bought these for friends at Christmas and everyone loves them!


As you can see, I didn't choose a huge amount in hair care as from August onwards I wasn't really worrying about hair, just recovering. Hopefully this year I will have a better hair year and discover more products!

Lauren x






15 comments:

  1. I like the look of the Fat Hair shampoo and conditioner, really good price too:)

    Amy x

    daisybelle-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had really quite fine hair and I have used the fat hair products too, they are brilliant. The thickening spray is also really good too :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't realise there was one! Will have to nip to Superdrug and find it! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I really need to get a tangle teezer because I've been hearing so much great things about it. x

    Tanya from Cats and Clothing
    P.S. Please check out my first giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant! You can get them in all sorts of designs and they also come in smaller travel versions too!

      Delete
  4. I need to try the pink tangle teezer, I have wanted to for so long!
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, you can find the post here: http://beautifulyoux.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much! :) I will check out the post now!

      Tangle teezers are brill, you should give them a try!

      :) x

      Delete
  5. I have the same tangle teezer and I love it! It is the only thing I want to use on my hair! Love your blog! following you now!
    Please check out my blog xx

    http://beautybodymind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They are brilliant aren't they!

      :) xx

      Delete
  6. awesome post! really like it! :) I visit your blog often :)

    http://allaboutjoann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really need to try one of those tangle teasers evryone recommends them to me! really nice blog check out minr? http://talklilitalk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool stuff :) recently thought about also making such a post! good job :)
    lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get this thickening shampoo and conditioner, I would love to have lovely thick beautiful hair :(

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fat hair is amazing, love it!
    Love the blog also :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for something like this Denman back combing brush, thanks for recommendation! :) xx

    ReplyDelete