Friday, 4 January 2013

2012 Make Up Favourites

2012 has been more a year of finding which products are right for my skin and suit me, rather than discovering too many new products. I finally found the right base combination which works for me, and also discovered very late on the bandwagon...Primer Potion, which has been a saviour for my oily eye lids!

I have decided to keep this post just to make up rather than including skin care and hair care, other wise it would be seriously long! Keep an eye out for those soon though.

Here we go, I'll try and get straight to the point because it's going to be a long one!




 Borjois Healthy Mix Foundation (Shade 52 Vanilla)
I love this foundation! It's perfect for my skin as I have an oily t zone but dry patches round my mouth too. It doesn't make me shiny and doesn't cling either. Medium coverage but buildable too!
Dr Jart BB Cream
I received this in a Glossybox and fell in love with it. It's the only BB cream that I have tried that hasn't broken me out. It's pretty light coverage but perfect for those days when you can't really be bothered!
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Medium)
My favourite setting powder of all time. Takes away any shine without looking cakey on my skin!
Sleek Contour Kit (Light)
The bronze in here is a perfect matte shade and not too orange at all so great for contouring cheek bones and also your temples! The highlight shade is also nice but I use this more for the bronze.
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Light 2)
Please excuse how messy this is. It's impossible to keep clean which is one down fall. I love this concealer for under eye circles and covering blemishes. It can be drying at times but as long as you use eye cream it's brilliant!


 Eyeko Fat Balm (Frosting)
I have had this for a while but only just discovered it again! Unfortunately I think it has been discontinued now but I sometimes see these in Tk Maxx so it's worth a shot looking there! This has become my holy grail Cream blush. It can also be used on your lips too and is really moisturising! The shade  is 'frosting' its a bright pink colour but really does smell like cupcake frosting!
Topshop Powder blush (Pop)
This photo isn't very true to colour. The actual shade is a very bright pink/coral colour and I wore this all through summer! It's really well pigmented but doesn't come off too bright on your cheeks which is perfect!
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Another bargain that I picked up in Tk Maxx and it really does smell of chocolate! Some people might find this off putting but it's fine for me! I love this bronzer as it's really buildable and completely matte. I'm not a fan of shimmery bronzers as I already have quite shiny skin!   



Revlon Lip Butter (Strawberry Shortcake)
I was so happy when these were released in the UK earlier this year. I have 2 other colours but this is my favourite. It's the perfect girly pink colour and is quite sheer so great to build the colour up. Really moisturising and lasts a good time too. 
LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I seriously don't know how I managed without this. It's a very strong bubblegum scent which sometimes is a bit over powering but it does wonders for my lips. I use this before a lip balm or cream and my lips stay smooth all day.
MAC Cremesheen (Creme Cup)
My favourite go to lipstick. Lovely every day pink but not too barbie or bright colour. Really nice smooth formula too. Being MAC though the price lets it down a bit!
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss (002 Cystal Lilac)
As you can see from the photo this has been very well used! I love wearing this lipgloss alone as it's quite pigmented but it also goes lovely over lipstick too. A really nice non sticky formula. 


Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara
Does exactly as it says! I got this in my book of shadows and it's amazing! It curls my lashes brilliantly and doesn't budge either! The wand is a C shape which is great for curling lashes and it doesn't clump them together like a lot of my others do!
POP beauty Lid Bronzer Eye Shadows
I wore these colours religiously through the summer and while I was on holiday! It's the perfect size to throw in your handbag and they are really nicely pigmented. Another purchase from Tk Maxx that I'm glad I found!
Urban Decay Primer Potion
I can't believe I was so late in buying this. Words cannot describe how much I love it! My Eye shadow does not budge all day and night and it's even meant that I can now use cream shadows. Without this, eye shadow doesn't stand a chance on my oily lids!
Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl (Super black)
I never stray from pencil liners and this is the best I have found yet. It is extremely black and it doesn't need layering on. It transfers a tiny bit to my top lash line but nothing too dramatic. The little sharpener in the lid is really handy too!


So there we have it! What have been your favourite products from 2012? Did you like anything the same as me, or maybe not? Hopefully this wasn't so long that it has bored you all!

Lauren :)

16 comments:

  1. Just found your blog in Zoe's comment section ! great blog and good luck , i've started 4 months ago and blogging is such a fun thing to do ! Lush bubblegum lip scrub is one of my all time favorite products as well

    Liyana ♥
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Good Luck to you too! I'm following you, be sure to follow back :)

      If you're like me and looking to make new blogging friends don't hesitate to get in touch.

      hudsonlauren@hotmail.co.uk

      Delete
    2. I found you too through Zoe's comments!
      Love your blog, all affordable products

      Delete
  2. I love the Sleek Contour Kit too, it's amazing! I'll have to pick up some more of their products very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye shadow pallettes are great too :). Your blog is fab, I'm now a follower :) be sure to follow back :)

      Lauren <3

      Delete
  3. omg I love the lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub and I totally agree the bubblegum smell is too much to handle. Nice blog :)

    ♥ Anusha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the colorburts lip gloss too! it definitely adds the most color of any i have used before, cute blog !

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I love them :) Hope you're following :) Nice blog too I'm following! I love your blog name so cool :) x

      Delete
  5. MAC is such a fantastic brand - definitely my favorite


    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only downfall is the price but it's a great brand! I LOVE your blog just started following, hope you are too :) from your pictures you really remind me of Jessica Biel, so pretty! Then I noticed her in one of your posts, you must get that a lot! :) Lauren x

      Delete
  6. I love actually all of these hahahah, lush lip scrub is amazing ! nice blog!!x check out mine?
    http://talklilitalk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I definitely need to invest in some more makeup, all the products you have all look so good

    Please check out my blog if you have a chance, I’ve given it a bit of a revamp, I was clearly very bored over the Christmas hols!! Haha

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've got a very cool blog, these make-up products seem to be amazing - too bad I would have to order most of them via internet!
    Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm eyeing the BB cream and mascara right now. >< Hey, I'm Shelley. I just started a new beauty blog too. You can find it here: http://cafeaulaitbeauty.blogspot.com.au/
    Come and take a look and maybe we can be friends? (:

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I've only ever tried the Revlon Lip Butter and Urban Decay Primer Potion. So your post is very informative and helpful!

    I also did a Best of 2012--Beauty post here: http://www.luciablogs.com/2013/01/best-of-2012-beauty.html

    Come check it out! I also added you on Instagram and subscribed to your blog!

    Lucia

    P.S. Sorry, I deleted my last comment the format turned out weird

    ReplyDelete