Tuesday, 15 January 2013

First Impressions MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit.

This weekend I had a nice trip in to town to spend some vouchers I still had remaining from Christmas.

Luckily for me I had a £10 voucher for Superdrug, which I was yet to spend! I am doing Project Pan at the moment which is going pretty well, but I figured spending a voucher on makeup was ok!

I don't usually buy MUA makeup as I already have so much and I know I would go crazy with how cheap it is! However, on Saturday this little product caught my eye and I had to try it!

This is the MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit! It retails for £3.50 in Superdrug but at the moment in my local store is on offer at £2.50....bargain!  




 I've only used this for 2 days so far but my first impressions are mixed!

The packaging is pretty basic looking. Pretty much what you would expect for the price but on the plus side it seems really sturdy! There is a mirror on the inside...teeny tiny but none the less there!

There are three shades. Two concealers and one highlighter shade. One of the concealers has yellow under tones and one has more pink undertones. The shade that suits me best is in the middle, the yellow toned one. 

I used this under my eyes and it does really cover my dark circles and brighten the area. However it is really sheer so I had to build it up quite a lot! The good thing is though, that when you do layer it, it doesn't at all look cakey. 

It has a really creamy, smooth texture and isn't tacky at all like I find with a lot of concealers! 

This concealer did crease a little bit under my eye area but this is to be expected with any concealer really and it doesn't bother me too much, I can work with it! I'm yet to find one which doesn't crease.

I tried both the concealer shades on a red blemish that is sitting proudly on my chin! This is where the product failed for me. It just didn't cover well enough and it budged off pretty much straight away!

The final shade is a sort of red/purple highlighter which has tiny shimmers in it. It really is a strange colour! I used this on my cheek bones just above where my blush was and I loved it! To look at in the pan it's really odd but on the cheeks its lovely. I think it would be also nice on your brow bone but I'm yet to try that!

Both the concealer and the highlighter lasted pretty much all day which is great. Other than on my blemishes.

I think I will be using this for a while longer to give it a pretty fair trial but so far I think it was worth the £2.50 I payed definitely!

Lauren x



12 comments:

  1. The price of MUA make up just baffles me! This looks like a good product, I might have to test it :)Nice post

    -Lucy xx
    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how odd the highlighter colour looked! I am generally impressed with MUA products, particularly their eye-shadows. I may pick on of these up when I am next in Superdrug and have a little go myself!

    xo

    http://bitofafreak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually own any of the eye shadows but I do hear everyone raving about them so maybe I should try! :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't even realize they had a product like this, it looks pretty decent and you can't go wrong with £3.50 :)

    -Mickie

    http://belluslupus.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't ever really look at MUA products, but for that price it seems like a great product!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish they sold MUA products where i live!! Haha. This is such a great review and the product seems really lovely. Perhaps i will have to do some in line shopping?!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to get them online at superdrug :)

      Delete
  6. what a lovely review ! you can't expect something good from that price though :p

    do you want to follow each other ? :) x
    comelycobber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lauren, i saw your comment on Zoella's blog about wanting to find new bloggers etc..
    i am a new blogger so would appretiate any tips etc you could offer.
    I would be really grateful :D

    Please check it out
    www.bellusbellusbellus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love MUA, was looking at this the other day but got other things instead. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog post for more info:
    http://talesfromthesalerails.wordpress.com/2013/01/19/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete