Thursday, 31 January 2013

January Favourites!



Most of the time when it gets to the end of a month, you'll hear me saying 'where on earth did that month go, it went by so fast'. However, January for me seemed to drag and drag so I'm finally glad that it has come to an end and we will soon be saying 'Hello' to February.

I thought I would share with you a few of my favourite products from this month!
Enjoy!



  • Benefit Porefessional PRO balm - Sadly I don't own the full size of this but I am plenty stocked up on samples! I use this just on my nose and chin where I have large pores and this makes a huge difference for me. It evens out my skin and really does minimise the look of my pores!
  • MAC Powder Blush in Desert Rose - The perfect all rounder. A great every day matte pink shade. Great colour pay off so be careful when applying as it can sometimes go on a bit heavy. Perfect for those who don't want any shimmer on their cheeks!
  • Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer - I've had this concealer for ages! I have just rediscovered it after I ran out of my Lasting Perfection concealer. This is great! It's a much lighter formulation than the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection but still gives fantastic cover. It's not drying and doesn't crease under my eyes....winner!


  • Carmex Lip Balm - Cheap and cheerful - Does what it says on the tin! This has kept my lips feeling healthy and nourished during our coldest month yet!
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - One of my favourite all time lip colours. I loved this all of last year and have continued to love it. I haven't had many nights out this month so this has been perfect for a day time look.
  • Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara - Another product which I rediscovered. I used to love this and only stopped using it to try others out. This gives both great length and volume to my lashes and lasts all day! 
 

  • Cosmopolitan Beauty Sponge - A cheaper Alternative to the classic 'Beauty Blender'. This is my third re purchase of this product. A must have for those of you with dryer skin. Foundation blends beautifully and applies really smoothly giving you flawless skin. I've used this during this month instead of a brush as my skin has been so dry and it's really helped!
  • INIKA Organic Eyeliner in 07 Graphite - I have used this liner all over my lid for an easy smokey eye look. Fantastic to use on your lower lash line too for something a bit more dramatic. Fantastic colour pay off and wear and also friendly to the environment. Brilliant!

 
  • E45 Cream - A bit more of an explanation for this one. This month I suffered from a severe allergic reaction which started out as an awful rash covering my whole face and body. It took about two weeks for my skin to heal and while it was healing it was SO dry! My skin on my face was literally flaking away it was really upsetting. I had to completely change my skin care routine and one of the steps involved this. Since using this on my body and on my face instead of moisturiser my skin has never been better. My skin wasn't even this good before I can't praise it enough! A Fantastic solution to dry skin problems!

If you'd like any more in depth reviews/swatches on any of these products please leave a comment and I will be more than happy to do one :)

What have been your favourite products this month?

Lauren x


5 comments:

  1. This blush looks gorgeous! I really want to give it a go :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get really flaky around my eyes due to excema and my skin is quite dry anyway so I totally understand the need for a really good basic moisturiser, I used to use E45 but since my excema got worse I switched to Diprobase, a cream you can get from any Pharmacy and after a few applications twice a day the difference in my dry skin is incredible!

    www.alexandralaurenrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so desperate to try that MAC blusher!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MAC blusher is a gorgeous colour!

    Nice blog, i'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm also following you too now :) x

      Delete