Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Life changes - an update.

So here we are just three weeks in to the new year and already I'm blogging about change.

This year I decided to go in to the new year with a positive mental attitude and a willingness to change the things I was unhappy with. 
I'm usually one of these people who has no trouble at remembering one tiny bad thing that happened in the day but easily forgets maybe the five great things that happened. 

As you probably read in my 'hello 2013' post there were things I wanted to change or accomplish. One of the unspoken and unwritten ones though was my job. I love my job and the people that I work with, however I started to feel like I had become stuck in this routine of work.

I'm only twenty one yet I have worked at the same place for three years and it was my first job. It was very 'safe' for me.

Recently an opportunity came up that I decided I couldn't turn down. More hours, more money, really close to home and fantastic people to work for. I wasn't actively looking for work at the time, the chance of this job came to me and I'm so happy that it did.

I really do believe that it's because I have been in such a happy place, with no stress or worries that this happened. It marks the start of me being able to afford to drive, start saving to move out and being able to enjoy myself more.

If there's one thing you can learn from this. It's to maybe look at your own attitude to life, and see if there's anything you can change for the better. Often something better comes along when you're not trying so hard to search for it or make it happen.

Lauren x

11 comments:

  1. Buenas, enhorabuena por el blog, me gustarĂ­a intercambiar enlaces contigo y que nos sigamos mutuamente.
    Un enorme saludo desde http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/
    http://bufandasybanderasamps.blogspot.com/

    Hi, congratulations on the blog, I would like to exchange links with you and we follow each other.
    A huge greeting from http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/
    http://bufandasybanderasamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lauren, I'm so happy for you!

    Kirstie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really trying to do the same thing, happy positive thinking - I'm actually quite a positive person on the whole but the past few months I've just lost my enthusiasm to really work hard at things, I've also worked for the same company for 3 years and because I know the job inside out it was like you said the 'safe' option. But recently management has changed in my job and 80% of the people I work with now hate their job and are looking to leave (me included) so I'm now on the hunt for a job, and also very poor because I've cut my hours right down at my current job. This hasn't exactly helped me with my positive thinking attitude! But I'm fighting against the bad-moodness and trying not to let things bother me so much :)

    Sorry about the rant! Congratualtions on your new job, I'm really glad everything seems to be working out for you :)

    Alexandra Lauren Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rant away! Something will come along when you lest expect it! I know how you feel. It's horrible when you have to get up for work and dread it! Hopefully you'll have some good luck soon! X

      Delete
  4. congratulations on your new job, darling! i really hope this new opportunity that has presented itself works out for you and i think that positive thinking is so important and can only lead to good things! i think we can all relate to harping over one bad thing that happened and completely forget all the good things. that is why it is even more important to try to think positively :)

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) will check out your blog now! X

      Delete
  5. love your positive attitude, wish I was the same! congratulations :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, your blog is lovely :) x

      Delete
  6. I love this sort of posts!!! I feel the same about my job, I have to shifts and my social life has gone downhill :(

    loraphilp.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible when that happens isn't it! Sometimes you have to make the most out of a bad situation though. Keep your chin up so you don't miss any opportunies. Something will work out :)

      Delete