Sunday, 6 January 2013

Say hello to 2013.

Recently I've seen a lot of these posts on blogs, tumblr and youtube! Most people have seen them all before but I still decided to do one anyway. Not really for anyone else, but so that in a years time I can look back and see all I have accomplished since this post.

Let's just start with this...2012 was a crap year for me! Firstly a break up, then a big argument with one of my brothers which lasted about 4 weeks. Things started to pick up in the summer...I went on a girls holiday but then ended up getting my drink spiked. Four days after arriving home my best friend of 13 years moved from two doors next to me to Australia...that was a huge adjustment to make. Even worse, just two weeks after arriving home I was taken in to hospital with suspected appendicitis. This would have been bad enough for me, but it wasn't even to be that simple.

I ended up staying in hospital quite a while and having one of the biggest operations a person can have. My recovery took a very long time! I still haven't started back at work but will be starting a phased return next week! However, I'm now 5 months on, I would say I feel 90% recovered and I'm getting my life back again.

Being off sick for that long really made me think about a lot of stuff! As corny as it may sound, it really did put my life in to perspective. It forced me to think about a lot. I realised at my lowest points who were my true friends and from that, cut all the negative people out my life. Certain people you just have to deal with because they will always be there, but I learnt to ignore them and just let everything they do and say go over the top of my head.

Taking all this in to account I really made the decision to make this year a year of change and more a year of happiness. I have realised that a lot of the things I am unhappy about are really easy to change. Which takes me on to my three goals for this year. Not resolutions as such, just things I would like to achieve.

  1. Find a hobby. Well this wasn't hard at all! I have been saying for ages that I need to make a proper start with my blog. So that's exactly what I'm going to do! I'm on day 6 and loving it right now! Already I have made a beauty blogging friend, which definitely helps when it comes to motivation! You can find her blog here.
  2.  Become more active. From the ages of 4-17 I was a serious dancer. I didn't want to do anything else but dance. Unfortunately though I realised that I had to compromise when it came to school, college, exams and applying for jobs. I needed to do something realistic and there just wasn't time anymore. Since my operation I lost a lot of vital muscles that most people take for granted and now it's time I started building them back up! I've decided to enroll on a Pilate's class and also a Zumba class once a week to ease myself back in!
  3. Spend more time with family. Before my operation I was a social little bee! I was out every weekend and weekday with my friends and spending little to no time with my family! After my operation I became very dependant on my family and realised how much I love spending time with them! Going out with friends all the time is great but it leaves no time (or money) for anything else so I'm working on getting the balance just right!

So I challenge everyone else to say hello to 2013! Make it an amazing year and fill it with happy things, after all.....we did survive 21.12.2012 so we should be pretty appreciative! If there's something you want to change then change it. If there's something you want to do, then take the steps to make it happen!


Moving on...I've been sat here an hour trying to word this and the smell of roast lamb is taking my attention. Happy Sunday :)

Lauren x

9 comments:

  1. Nice resolutions, hope 2013 is a much better year!
    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, hope you followed! I'm following you :) love your blogger header did you make it yourself? x

      Delete
  2. Hey I just found your blog and it's lovely :) now following, I'm going to do a post on my 2013 goals too tomorrow, I'd love for you to come have a look

    Www.alexandralaurenrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely blog. I'm following :) Love your Christmas haul! What is the nail art book called? I want one hah! :) x

      Delete
  3. These resolutions are very similar to mine! Nice post and some good little bits of advice - 'If there's something you want to change then change it. If there's something you want to do, then take the steps to make it happen!' definitely think I should live by this!

    Glad to hear you're mostly recovered from your operation too :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's something I really learnt recently! :)
      Looking to make new beauty blogging pals seeing as none of my friends share the same interests! I'm following you now, hope you are too :)

      Get in touch with me if you're in the same boat!

      hudsonlauren@hotmail.co.uk

      Delete
  4. I can't believe the year you had,you're very strong for dealing with it,and hopefully 2013 will be better!

    Love the blog, following now!

    new blogger- www.saskiajessiee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)
      Hopefully this year will be a better one!

      Will go and check out your blog now. Hoping to find some blogging friends so thankyou for leaving a comment!

      Delete
  5. First time to your blog and dropping a line. Also wanted to say that I like your blog description, so positive! I like that :)

    Í´m quite new to blogging and checking out other bloggers and meet new people too!

    ReplyDelete