Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Collection Cover and Go Foundation and Concealer Duo Review.

The biggest reason that I started this blog was so that I could show others products which I think are great and worth buying and also products that aren't worth spending your pennies.

Unfortunately today this is a product which I was say definitely isn't worth spending on!

I noticed the Collection Cover and Go Foundation and Concealer Duo whilst I was in Asda. It was on sale for £3.87 as an introductory price. I figured that seeing as it is one of the newest product since re branding from Collection 2000 that I may as well give it a go!


I'm all for a gimmick and this seemed like a pretty cool concept. Foundation in the tube and a concealer and mirror in the lid...great for being on the go and throwing in your handbag.

Firstly the packaging...pretty basic but in my opinion quite tacky looking with the gold and black. The plastic cap is really sturdy and the foundation comes in a squeezy tube.

I picked this up in the shade 'Fair 3'. There weren't many shades to choose from only 6 but this was ok for me. 

  (Here's the foundation un blended)
 
Firstly I tried the foundation. I applied it with my fingers first time around as I thought that's what you'd do if you were on the go! 

The texture is pretty thick. It feels nice when you are first applying but things soon change. I didn't think I had many dry patches at all left on my face. But as soon as I applied this and blended it in it clung to every single dry patch I didn't even know I had. I felt like it just sat on top of my skin.

 As much as I tried blending it just wouldn't, there were streaks everywhere.

I persevered with this for a few more uses trying my Real Techniques buffing brush and also a beauty blender but everything gave the same result.

(Concealer and Mirror in cap)

I really hoped that the concealer on the other hand might perform. I'm a huge fan of Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer it's my favourite so I thought maybe this would be great too!

No.

I found the concealer to be so dry and hard to blend. I just couldn't use it.

Over all...the idea is good and I like the concealer being in the lid with a mirror...very handy. The product just doesn't produce for me at all. I'm just glad the price didn't break the bank!

I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else has tried this and what your thoughts are about it?

Lauren x

3 comments:

  1. shame this product didn't perform! I will make sure to steer clear of it. Great review though :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great honest review. I won't be buying it after reading this. I did eye it up in Boots the other day but I'm glad I saw this review x x

    Check out my Blog Sale all under £10 @ CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to buy it but I'm glad I'm not going to bother now! Thank you angel
    spoiltbrunette.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete