Monday, 4 February 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara Review.

Recently I hopped on the bandwagon and bought the latest mascara from Maybelline.

I've always enjoyed using Maybelline mascaras and they generally tend to be some of my favourites so I was excited to try this one!

The mascara comes in the typical Maybelline packaging. This one is purple and pink....lovely!

The mascara promises 'Lashes have 8x more volume, clump-free, even from root to tip. Super fast'.
That's a big promise to live up to!

 
 

This mascara has a plastic wand and it's pretty big as you can see! It really reminds me of the Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara! 

I've found that you need to wipe the brush a little as you get too much product at first. Hopefully after a few more uses this will improve. 

One great thing about this mascara is that it dries with just enough time to apply a second coat if you wanted to without taking ages and risking getting it all over your lids!

  
 (Eye without any mascara on top or bottom lashes)


                                 (Eye with mascara on top and bottom lashes)



This mascara definitely added a lot of drama and volume to my lashes! After eight hours wear it was still going strong and held the curl really nicely.

I think this mascara is going to quickly replace my love for the Maybelline Colossal! At the moment in Boots it is priced at £5.99 which I believe is just an introductory price so buy it cheap while you can! 

Another great product. Well done Maybelline you delivered again!

What are your first impressions of the Rocket Volum' Express?

Lauren x

13 comments:

  1. Wow this mascara looks amazing!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've reviewed this mascara too, I love it!

    great post :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love maybelline mascaras too, this one definitely looks good! :)
    great post
    xx

    http://be-lieveinyou-rself.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks really great!

    I'm a new follower of your blog - I really like your layout!

    If you want to check out mine is http://thestellarskin.blogspot.co.uk/

    Looking forward to your future posts :)

    Rachel

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! sounds like a great mascara!

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi i have nominated you for the liebster award here

    http://georginaclare.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I have a Liebster blog post on here check it out :) I'll check out your blog now xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, you can really see the difference! Great review :)

    ***COMPETITION: for anyone interested in winning £200 to spend on Lashes of London please check out my post on how to enter, thank you and good luck!***

    http://belluslupus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/lashes-of-london-blogger-competition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by :) I'll check out your blog now! x

      Delete
  8. Wow, that mascara seems to do wonders- I too may have to jump on that very same bandwagon. Also, I noticed we have the exact same colour eyes, oh, I'm so easily amused. Great post, and fab blog :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you? Going to have to stalk your pics now and see haha! It's lovely mascara :) will check out your blog and follow now! Thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete
  9. OMG the before and after photos! That mascara is beyond brilliant. I have these fine, short, stubby eyelashes. Time to actually go to the Maybelline counter.
    Following your blog :) When you have a moment, do drop by mine.
    www.mybeautyjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete