Friday, 10 January 2014

MAC Nocturnal Nudes Lip Gloss Review

Friday...at last!

 Here we are with another product review!

I got this set for Christmas from my boyfriend's mum. I was thrilled. If you've been with my blog from the beginning you will know I am definitely a nude lip girl!

The Nocturnal Nude Set was limited edition for the holidays so unfortunately I don't think you can buy it anymore. However, I still decided to review as my two favourites of these shades are available in the permanent line in the UK. Check online for nearest to you though.

The set comes with essentially 4 mini lipglosses...3 Cremesheen and 1 Dazzleglass. Still 2.4g of product though so I wouldn't count them as a mini when the full size is 2.7g

 From Left to Right (Phiff! Boy Bait, Over Indulgence, Richly Revered)

 (Swatches in same order as above)

My two personal favourites from this set are Boy Bait and Over Indulgence, which actually reminds me of a previous favourite 'Just Superb'. Similar in colour. All of these have generally good colour pay off but if you would prefer them more true to pan they are easily buildable.

I know I a lot of people have been disappointed with Phiff! But for me, I don't own a lipgloss like this and have found its really nice layered over just about any shade of lipstick. It will be perfect for a night out!

Richly Revered isn't a shade I would have chosen for myself but I was pleasantly surprised. The colour pay off is good but not so good that I find it too dark on me. Perfect for a bold lip shy girl like me!

MAC Never disappoint with Lipgloss for me...not too sticky, good colour pay off and they smell amazing! The downside...the price. Especially for a full size, you are looking at about £17.50 each!

The packaging is obviously different from the usual for MAC. A little bulkier but I like it. Feels sturdy and looks nice in your makeup bag!

All in all a great set. If you do manage to pick one up or any of these shades, let me know what you think in the comments below!

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment