Thursday, 3 July 2014

My Makeup Brush Bargain - Japonesque Salon Collection Review.

Have I ever mentioned on here that I'm a HUGE Tk Maxx fan?

I know a lot of people either love it or hate it. I personally love it. 
I'm forever finding bargains in there, beauty products, clothes and home decor. 
I shop for Birthdays, Christmas and events in there and it never disappoints. 

Well last weekend I was having a nosey around my local Tk Maxx and I came across this brush set by Japonesque. 

 There first thing to draw me in was the design of the brushes. White and silver with a cute ditsy flower print!

The second thing that drew me in was the name. Japonesque are a brand of Makeup Brushes that I have always wanted to try, but never splashed the cash on. 

The third thing to draw me in was the price....£12.99! I couldn't believe it, £12.99 for five Japonesque Salon Collection Brushes. That did it for me. Winner.

Granted these brushes are from a past season collection. This doesn't matter to me. The quality of the brushes is just the same and I personally love the design. 

You get five brushes in the set -
  1. A Powder brush.
  2. An Eye Shadow Brush.
  3. A Lip Brush.
  4. A Smudger Brush.
  5. A Lash and Brow Comb.

 I've been after a couple of new eye brushes anyway so this worked out well. 

They come in a lovely lilac, leather tub which I'm sure will look great on my dressing table.



These brushes feel amazing. They are SO soft! 
I've been using the brushes for a week now and so far I'm very impressed. They don't shed (so far) and they apply like a dream for eye shadow. 
I haven't used the lip brush as of yet but the Powder brush applies just as good as the eye brushes too. I tend to use this mostly for blush.

The only real negative I can say is that they are white so they show a lot of dirt. Not too much of a bad thing as I clean all my brushes once a week anyway!

Whilst I was in Tk Maxx I also noticed they had some Japonesque Travel Brush Sets for only £5.99 so I would definitely recommend getting to your local store once in a while and seeing what they have to offer!

Lauren xo

10 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I love TK Maxx, I have stumbled across many a bargain! Great post

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lucy
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it!
      I think I already follow your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Hey i stumbled across your blog and not only is it great but i also noticed that your from Lancashire too! Internet high five to that tehehe ;) anyway love your blog :) xx

    http://www.thebabblingbeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! :) Are you on bloglovin? I will go follow if so :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Yeah sorry bout that I comment on my other google account - sorry to confuse :) and my blog URL was under my comment - and the one I'm commenting from now is my google account attached to my blog - if that makes any sense :) xx

      Delete
    3. Haha a little confusing. Where abouts in Lancashire are you from?
      http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/5070361 there's my bloglovin link. I'll go and try yours again! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Rawtenstall :) and i thin you can only follow my blog through blogger (sorry i thought i was on bloglovin but I'm not ) - sorry to be a bother i was just ubber excited about the fact that there is a fellow blogger in Lancashire :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ok I will have a proper look now! :) There's barely any bloggers from Up North is there!? xx

      Delete
  4. Oki doki :) and I know right?! :D haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeep, these are adorable! How cool that it comes with the cute little cup as well!
    We don't have TK Maxx in the states, but we do have TJ Maxx--I may have to see if they carry these!

    xRachel

    ReplyDelete